Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Sam's first Monroe Cheese Days 9-18-10

On the 18, we had a pancake breakfast to go to in Jansville, Wi. It rained a little on our way up and really poured a lot while we were eating our pancakes thankfully inside a hugh building. But as we were leaving (I knew it was cheese days in Monroe.) and the weather had turned sunny, I asked Gary how far Monroe was from Jansville. "Not far." was his replied. And we headed home. Why, oh why do I think he might get the hint...I would love to go to Monroe to get some fried chesse curds. When we are almost home, and after some talking about Monroe, Gary said, "We could go to Monroe and get a cheese sandwich for lunch." I'm thinking, not now, we are almost home. Let's just forget about it. Well, when we got home Brett was dropping Ann-Marie and Sam off so Ann-Marie could do her weekly laundry. Brett was going to Geneva to spend time with an old friend .

Ann-Marie had told me that she also knew it was Cheese Days in Monroe. "Hey, Gary" I yelled out into the garage, "Do you still want to go to Monroe for a cheese sandwich?" "Sure." was he reply. After putting Sam's car seat in, the four of us headed to Monroe. If you are wondering why we took this photo with it saying on this trash can, you will have to ask Ann-Marie about our conversation on the way up to Monroe.

Since Sam is starting to walk, he only likes the stroller when it is moving. But with such a hugh crowd, we just couldn't let him run freely. Upon arriving, we were all hungry. Gary and Ann-Marie had a delicious pork chop sandwich. I opted for a steak sandwich. Also delicious. Then Gary found out where he could get a cheese sandwich. So he had two sandwiches. But what Ann-Marie and I really wanted was the fried cheese curds. Getting the tickets was easy. Waiting in line was a whole new story.


Ann-Marie and I are somewhere behind this line.


Here we are somewhere getting closer to the tent to get our fried cheese curds. It took us a whole hour and ten minutes before we could enjoy them. Never in my life have I waited in line that long for anything.



But they were worth it. Nice and hot. And oh so cheesy.
Since Monroe Cheese Days are every other year, I'm glad we did go even if we had to wait in line so long. I remember when Bob and I would take Ann-Marie when she was a little girl and even purchase her a little beany hat that said Monroe Cheese Days on it. So it was important that we take our grandson, Sam. Of course he will enjoy it much more when he is older and can also enjoy the food and entertainment. And a special thanks to Gary who looked after Sam while Ann-Marie and I stood in line for one hour and ten minutes. That's a long time for anyone to look after a one year old. Thanks Gary!



2 comments:

Carol Lea Ashmore said...

Great going, Juliet.

Janice Sturgill said...

Sounds like great fun. Retired life is great when you can be so spontaneous! Nice pictures.