Friday, September 3, 2010

Jan's Grandkids at Berg Farm on 8-23-10

Being in such a big family you just don't know what may come up. One day my sister, Jan phoned and asked what I would be doing on the 23rd of August. "Well, I may be on Jury Duty." was my replied. Louise one of my other sister was sitting across the table from me. Jan was going to have Aaron and Linda's kids for a week. "I was wondering if perhaps we could come down for a few days. Right away Louise said, "That's fine with me. They can stay at my house."

I really wanted to see Molly, Spencer and the twins, Ryan and Dakota. But I didn't know what my involvement with the Jury Duty would be. Sunday night I phoned the court house and I was told to show up on Monday. From 9:00 a.m. many of us waited in a room waiting to be called. At around 10:30 a.m., the judge came out and told us that we could all go home. Plus with his sense of humor, he told us not to spend our stimulus package in one place. Before we left, we all got a check for $13.00!!!

When I got out, I phoned Gary and wondered if he would mind going out to the Berg farm. Of course he loves going out there also. So I was praising the Lord that I got to do both that day. Jury Duty and see Jan's grandkids. I believe so many kids would love to live with their Aunt Louise. So much fun. Spencer enjoyed swinging on the rope in the barn.
Caleb is great with horses and always helps his grandpa giving rides to other kids.

Above is Ryan having his turn on the horse.




And above is his twin brother Dakota enjoying his turn.


Molly got a ride on the horse too. Here we have Jacob and Molly enjoying one of the many cats you will find roaming around the farm.




Now, I tell you, doesn't Bruce look like a great farmer. It suits him very well.





Most of us like playing games...but Louise. We did talk her into playing golf. She did enjoy it. But on the second game, she left us to take a nap.
What can I once again but say, it was such fun! Great food and always great fellowship. Thanks once again also the the Bergs!!





1 comment:

Janice Sturgill said...

Thanks for the post, Sis! What a fun day we all had! And the Lord gave us beautiful weather with no mosquitos! Now that was a miracle.