Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Jackie Retires 4-02-2010

It was on again! It was off again! I'm talking about my dear friend Jackie's retirement. You would find an "X" through a date that Jackie told me she would be retiring! Then something would come up and she decided to wait a little longer. But after all, it was up to her when SHE wanted to reitre.

So after so many "X's on my calander I wasn't for sure when she told me that April 02, 2010 was to be her day of retirment...and it truly was finally. So, I just wanted to have a small supper for her. I had invited Ann-Marie and Brett and of course little Sam just follows them. Later I found out Candice was home alone since her family members were all in Texas, I invited her and Brielle too. My day was busy making a new salad receipt from Rachel Ray. I was so surprise that everyone loved it! I know I did.

Then I made a scalloped potatoe dish. The steaks were being marinated. Later the guys would cook them on the grill.

It was so much fun getting this dinner ready. I had fun making my own nut cups. Setting the table with a plant for Jackie to plant in her yard as my centerpiece.It's that beautiful hydrangea plant in the photo above.


I had found a nice card that said at the top, "I DID IT". Then I downloaded a photo of Jackie in it. Since it has magnets on the back of the picture, I hope she put it on her refrigerator!

And as always, Ann-Marie find those funny cards about retirement.



And of course what goes with a good dinner...desserts! Yes, my friend Jackie made the dessert!!! And they were so delicious. The above one WAS and apple and pear dessert.






And for the CHOCOLATE LOVER...you truly would love the above one. Something like a triple chocolate dessert!
Jackie survived the evening. We even made her play a game she had never played before. SEQUENCE!
I just want to wish her the best retirement! HAPPY RETIREMENT MY FRIEND!



2 comments:

Janice Sturgill said...

Congratulations to Jackie! She has a dear friend in you! What a beautiful party! Jan

Alice said...

Beautiful table, Juliet! And that looks like a delicious dinner too. You are such a good friend! :-)