Monday, November 23, 2009

"Wonder of Wonders, Miracle of Miracles"

Ten years ago Robert Lawrence Trotter, the love of my life, the husband of my youth was suddenly taken home to heaven after celebrating 32 years of a wonderful marriage. It was such a very empty, painful, sorrowful and lonely time for me for such a long long time. Not just months but years. God had made us one when we got married and now half of me was going on with everyday life without him. BUT NOW....TAKING THE WORDS FROM THE SONG MIRACLE OF MIRACLES IN THE SHOW FIDDLER ON THE ROOF I CAN SING AND SAY....

"BUT OF ALL GOD'S MIRACLES LARGE AND SMALL THE MOST MIRACULOUS ONE OF ALL IS THE ONE I THOUGHT COULD NEVER BE, GOD HAS GIVEN A GRANDSON TO ME."

Now whenever I hold my grandson Sam, I feel a wonderful comfort and realize this precious gift from God. In the quietness of me holding Sam while he is sleeping, I feel the soft tenderness of a loving God bring to my mind and perhaps I hear God whisper in my ear..."I have given you a part of Bob back."
So I end my Thanksgiving blog with the song of "Miracle of Miracles" in my mind and heart. And I might add that goes for Ann-Marie, Brett and my whole family.

3 comments:

Janice Sturgill said...

When I pray for several other ladies who desire to have children I always thank the Lord for Samuel and the answer to prayer he is! He's a doll!

Ann-Marie said...

Well, thanks Mom, now I'm crying! I love you SO much and am grateful for both my loving Mom and Dad - and my little miracle! Sharing our delight over Sam is one of my absolute favorite things to do!!!

Linda said...

Very moving story Juliet.. Touched my heart!How true it is that Sam is certainly a part of Bob! Will be happy to be able to see him next week Love