Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Sound of Music - Fireside

We all know that the Fireside is an expensive place to eat and see a play. But we also know that it is well worth the moeny...if of course you have the money.

When I knew they would be having the Sound of Music I really wanted to go. So we gather some of the people we thought might like to go and made plans..well the plans we made for a Friday, October 30 fell through. Which I was not happy about. The Firseside didn't do a matinee on that Friday. Because my friend Jackie had already made plans for Saturday, she would not be able to attend the Saturday matinee. And we were all looking forward to spending time with her. (A side note: Ann-Marie and I met Jackie at Granite City for lunch on Friday.) We'll have to do better planning in the future.
Here we have Colleen, Jan and Betty doing some shopping in their unique shops.

The shops are always fun to browse through. Some of us had a few items we wished we could have. Like Jan. She just loved these decorative Christmas boxes.


Ann-Marie found several mugs she liked that related to being a mom.



She especially liked the one that said, "New Mommy Two Blessed To BE Stressed."




My sister Louise who has more money than some of us, purchase this beautiful picture. "To Grandmother's House We Go."





And again, if you know anything about me, you know that I am a snowman collector. Well, here's my purchase. The comment some of us made were, "That could be Grandpa and Grandma with Grandson, Sam."






My sister Louise is just herself wherever she go and whoever she's with. She had us all laughing. We could truly say that she was our entertainment for the evening...skip Sound of Music. But the meal was so delicious...right to the last bite.







Here's the gang: Me, Louise, Betty, Jan, Colleen and Ann-Marie.
The play was excellent. Even if not all the songs were sung from Sound of Music. It's always amazing to me how they can take a small stage and bring it to life like a real movie.








2 comments:

The Beard Bunch said...

I wish I could have come ;) Mainly, I want to comment that I love the fall entry to your home. Beautiful picture!

Linda said...

Sorry about the Sound of Music, "sounds" like you made your own music! I love all the articles you found....where did you find the money? And to top it the picture of Louise & Jan looks like a Van Gogh or some other 18th or 19 century painting! They should have it enlarged and framed!

Love Linda and sorry too I couldn't make music with you!