Tuesday, November 3, 2009

County Fair in Watertown

On October 23rd, Gary and I headed to Watertown to enjoy an evening with my sister Jan and her husband Darryl. Mainly I was going to enjoy the County Fair that was for ladies only!!! The members of her church put so much work into this event. The evening was so filled with fun, food and fellowship Of course what's a fair without trying to guess how many items are in a jar.
Before the fair started, we all had a sandwich from Cousins. Then the men had to leave.


What a great performance that Jan and Susan did with the song, "There's a Hole in Your Bucket..."


I had a small part in this...I cut the hole in the bucket.




It was so nice to see Betty again. We had fun making cards for the Fall season.




Wow, if you ever get a chance...you must try funnel cakes. They were the top of the line.
There were many booths to visit. I got to an Avon booth to purchase bubble bath. The baked good table dug into my wallet also.
There were prizes to win from each of the booths. Books, Avon products, homemade cards, etc. Well, for me, I got the best prize of all!




I won a bag of popcorn!!! But I must say, if I had known this was going to happen, I wouldn't have purchase a bag. But since I just LOVE POPCORN it was no problem for me to down two bags! But I must say, Betty and Jan kept putting their hands into the bag...especially Betty. I kept asking her if she wanted to take one of the bags. "No, I have popcorn at home." was her reply while she put her hand into the bag to get more popcorn. What a way to end an evening...laughing.





Then our men came back and helped cleanup the place and got it ready for Sunday morning!

2 comments:

The Beard Bunch said...

Thanks for the pictures. I know mom was very anxious to have your help and presence for the fair. I do have to admit, that I have never seen (nor thought I would ever see) my mother in a pair of overalls. Cute, mom!!! :)

Linda said...

At least the men were good for something...Gary's always working. He must love it!
And I think Jan looks real good in her farmer hat. She should wear one all the time! I've always thought Anna looked attractive with a hat on because it covers part of her long forehead...she never wanted bangs!