Monday, April 27, 2009

Grace & Truth Conference 2009

Ann-Marie is always telling me, "When you get right with the Lord, you will join Morning Star Baptist Church." Well, perhaps I am right with the Lord about once a year when I attend their Grace & Truth Conference. We not only enjoy being together but growing in the Lord together with all the great speakers we hear. Morning Star always does an excellent job on their conferences. From the program folder, the food...oh the food and of course the guest speakers. I kid Ann-Marie that even if you didn't care for all the speakers, you could come just for the food.(See the video below.)
Now don't you want to attend by just looking at that food above?


The fellowship is also a wonderful time too.


Fortune Cookie


I was so taken by those fortune cookies, that I just needed to have one and see what my future held. Can you believe what it said? "You will spend your old age in comfort and material wealth." Now that was worth coming to the conference. Since I am already OLD...come on wealth!!! When I told Pastor Bixby my fortune his reply was, "That's in heaven." I guess I will work on the beauty of holiness. That's something I really need.
The place where the conference was held was at the brand new facility of Wesley Willows across from their nursing home. WOW! It was beautiful. Everything was great from the speakers Dave & Lucy Burggraff, Holly Stratton, the food and of course just the fellowship with other Christian ladies. Perhaps Friday's highlight was Miss Shellie Beeman, Lyric Coloratura Soprano.
The only thing that didn't work out was attending the whole program on Saturday. Ann-Marie and I did attend one of the morning sessions, but Samuel was not going to let us stay for the whole day. But we did enjoy what we were able to attend. And after all I was right with the Lord for almost two days.

1 comment:

Ann-Marie said...

Yes, I'm really looking forward to you getting right with the Lord! :-) Thanks so much for coming with me!!!