Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Christmas in Dixon! 12-19-10

Since Gary's daughter and her family would be in Alton, Illinois for Christmas, Camille decided to have Christmas at their home on December 19, 2010. We don't like missing church but with her husband being a fireman (and their schedules can be crazy) may have been the reason for picking this day. At any rate, with Brett at the wheel, we all headed down to Dixon. The drive is always a beautiful drive...if the weather is nice this time of year. And the weather was great. Below, sitting in the chair is Vickie, Camille's mother. Camille's cousin, Janell had their dog, Bear in the house. If you have ever seen Sam around dogs, you will know that he just loves them. He is laughing all the time, especially when the dog starts wagging his tail. Sam will try to get a hold of the tail. The tail keeps wagging in Sam face as his just laughs and laughs!
Above we have Michelle, Camille and Janell. A beautiful photo of Camille with some of her cousins.



Then we have beautiful Camille and Ann-Marie!

Before the party began, I wanted to get a picture of Andrew! Above he is with one of his cousins.




Then I went to Brigitte's room to get of photo of her with her cousins...Brigitte really hates to get her photo taken! So as a result, that girl under the covers is our beautiful granddaughter, Brigitte.



We had plenty of food! Great table of desserts! You name it, I think we had it. We had brought a nice large fruit tray. A piece of chocolate, a piece of fruit! A cookie, a piece of fruit! ETC. Oh, and that photo above tell how crazy White Elephant Exchange can get.






Then it was time for the White Elephant Exchange. I was happy with the nice frame I got and to my surprise, no one took it away from me. Above, Camille is checking out other people gifts.





Since Brigitte doesn't like her photo taken, I think the one above is so precious. Giving Grandpa a nice hug. I guess she didn't realize I was taking a picture of her or she would of ran and hid. And I'm not kidding.






Daughter and dad! Don't they look so much alike!









What a wonderful surprise Gary and I received from Dave, Camille, Andrew and Brigitte, two ticket to the Fireside!
Since I came into Gary's life late, I'm still getting to know his side of the family. I always appreciate the opportunity to meet and visit with Camille's cousins.
It was getting late and it was now time to head home. We all had a great time. Little Sam did finally fall asleep in the car. He was so good all day.







No comments: