Monday, November 15, 2010

The Taming of the Shrew 11-13-10

Whenever we get invited to attend a play, I'm always ready to go. It doesn't matter where the play may be. So when Jan phoned us about the play at Maranatha Baptist Bible College, The Taming of the Shrew, I was more than happy to attend. Since I am now reading a biography of William Shakespeare by A. L. Rowse, I knew it would worth my time to see another play by Shakespeare. Petruchio was played by Jeff Miller and Katherine was played by his wife Christina Miller. They were excellent. And since they are married in real life...they got to kiss each on stage without getting into any trouble.






But before the play, Jan and Darryl had invited us for supper. Never turn that down either. Above Jan is offering Ann-Marie some dried apples coated with cinnamon and some other spice

Such a beautiful table setting








Then Jan had asked someone to set a buckeye (a chocolate peanut butter candy) next plate. My niece Leah, had made some and told Jan she could use them whenever she wanted. Thanks Leah, it was delicious.




Great hot buns.







Tammy, Megan, Jacob and Caleb.









Darryl, Jan, Betty, Carol, and Ann-Marie - Gary and I didn't get our picture taken, but we where there.







Great meatballs to go with the spaghetti.











And of course, what's a meal without dessert! Blueberry delight was so good!










And then Jan was giving out her homemade jam. Gary can't have any because of the seeds, but Tammy say that she just microwaves the jam and then runs the jam throught a strainer to get the seeds out. At any rate, Jan is so wonderful to share the jam with anyone who would like some.


Thanks Jan and Darryl for a great evening.













1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have a great blog with family. It's wonderful that you have that. I wanted to let you know that I have a recipe from my late step-father and when I did a google search for a picture of what blueberry delight might look like as I've not made this particular recipe. Your recipe looks very simular to other pictures I've seen of it and so I hope you don't mind, but I am using your picture and I am plan on adding a link to your blog underneath the picture.

Thank you so much for it! It looks fantastic by the way. If you want to take a look at it, go here:

http://my-bread-and-butter-2.blogspot.com/2011/03/blueberry-delight-recipe-day.html